Recruiters and Job Boards That Specialise in Flexible Jobs
Are you worried that it will be difficult to find a flexible role? Maybe you think that the only flexible jobs advertised are ones that require taking a step down the career ladder? I’m not going to lie to you…. it is harder to find a flexible role than a full time, traditional 9-5 position. BUT, it is by no means impossible. More and more employers are realising the benefits that flexible working has for their business as well as their employees.
Several of my coaching clients at the moment are looking for roles that are going to challenge them but also allow them to have time with their family. To reassure them that there are jobs out there, I put a quick post on LinkedIn to ask for recommendations of Recruiters and job boards that specialise in this area. I already knew of several but knew that there must be more that I had never heard of. Well, the LinkedIn post exploded, at the time of writing this, it’s had 10,500 views and counting. It was great to see:
(a) how much people wanted to help and
(b) how many Recruiters and companies are now specialising in flexible jobs
I’m having some mentoring at the moment (I’ll be writing about mentoring as a topic in a future post) from the fabulous Sally Dhillon. I had a session with her this morning and said, “My LinkedIn post has done really well. I have had lots of people reply to it but it will take me a while to write up my list of Recruiters and job boards.” She encouraged me to stop being so perfectionist and just get the list ‘out there’. So, please find my ‘rough and ready’ list below. I’m treating this as a work in progress and will be ‘polishing it up’ and adding to it as and when I find new Recruiters and job boards that are relevant.
The Main List
- Juggle Jobs
- 923 Jobs
- 2 to 3 days
- Attune Jobs – flexible roles across all business functions within law and professional services firms
- The Civil Service (most jobs are advertised as being open to part time/flexible working)
- Trapeze HR – specialises in HR roles. Ask to speak to Jane Middleton or Harriet Lavender to discuss flexible roles.
- Ten2Two – covers the South of England
- Mumsnet Jobs
- Capability Jane
- Hurston Eliot – main focus is on Law, Finance, Marketing & Strategy
- Simply Mums
- Worldwide101 – recruiting candidates from the US and Europe in the fields of marketing, project management, executive assistance and bookkeeping
- Remote.co – although this is a US job board, there are many roles open to UK candidates as well. All roles advertised are for remote workers (i.e. people who are happy to work from home).
- The Return Hub – connects employers with financial services professionals who have been on a career break (not all of the roles are flexible but many are)
- Mummyjobs – A dedicated flexible job based community platform
- Feel Communications – specialise in roles in PR, Comms and Marketing
- H48 Recruitment – covers all types and sectors of recruitment but specialise in flexible working opportunities. H48 Recruitment also give HR support to businesses that do not have a HR presence. Their client base covers London, Surrey, Essex and Kent.
- Flexible Minds – part time or flexible opportunities for professionals in the West Midlands
- F1 Recruitment
- Availexe – specialise in accountant, HR Management, Marketing and Sales roles
- Tectre – roles in IT Management
- Inclusivity Partners – specialise in placing Career Returners into flexible working roles
- Return to teach – flexible teaching roles
- Share my telly job – this is actually a Facebook page, rather than a website but it is a great resource for finding job share roles in the TV industry
The LinkedIn Post
If you are a Recruiter or represent a job board that you would like included in this list, please just let me know by commenting on my original LinkedIn post below, or sending me an email.
Fay Wallis is a Career Coach with a background in HR and Recruitment. She is the founder of Bright Sky Career Coaching, where she helps people in their 30s, 40s and 50s overcome their career challenges with confidence. Fay creates free resources via blogs, videos and templates to help tackle many of the career issues her clients come up against. To have her latest resources sent to you as soon as they are created just sign up here.