Recruiters and Job Boards That Specialise in Flexible Jobs
Are you worried that it will be difficult to find a flexible role? Maybe you think that the only flexible jobs advertised are ones that require taking a step down the career ladder? I’m not going to lie to you…. it is harder to find a flexible role than a full time, traditional 9-5 position. BUT, it is by no means impossible. More and more employers are realising the benefits that flexible working has for their business as well as their employees.
Several of my coaching clients at the moment are looking for roles that are going to challenge them but also allow them to have time with their family. To reassure them that there are jobs out there, I put a quick post on LinkedIn to ask for recommendations of Recruiters and job boards that specialise in this area. I already knew of several but knew that there must be more that I had never heard of. Well, the LinkedIn post exploded, at the time of writing this, it’s had 10,500 views and counting. It was great to see:
(a) how much people wanted to help and
(b) how many Recruiters and companies are now specialising in flexible jobs
You can find a list of Recruiters and job boards that specialise in flexible jobs below that I created using the response to the LinkedIn post. I update it regularly and if you come across any other companies that you think should be added, please do let me know.
The Main List
- 2 to 3 days
- 923 Jobs
- Attune Jobs – flexible roles across all business functions within law and professional services firms
- Availexe – specialise in accountant, HR Management, Marketing and Sales roles
- Capability Jane
- Duome – specialises in job share roles
- F1 Recruitment
- Feel Communications – specialise in roles in PR, Comms and Marketing
- Find a job‘ – On 2nd September 2019 the government launched a new website that uses technology to display more than 50,000 job adverts that allow for flexible working
- Flexible Minds – part time or flexible opportunities for professionals in the West Midlands
- FlexibleTeacherTalent – specialises in flexible teacher roles
- Furtherandmore – specialises in job share roles
- H48 Recruitment – covers all types and sectors of recruitment but specialise in flexible working opportunities. Covers London, Surrey, Essex and Kent.
- Hurston Eliot – main focus is on Law, Finance, Marketing & Strategy
- Inclusivity Partners – specialise in placing Career Returners into flexible working roles
- Juggle Jobs
- Mummyjobs – A dedicated flexible job based community platform
- Mumsnet Jobs
- Remote.co – although this is a US job board, there are many roles open to UK candidates as well. All roles advertised are for remote workers (i.e. people who are happy to work from home).
- Return to teach – flexible teaching roles
- Simply Mums
- Tectre – roles in IT Management
- Ten2Two – covers the South of England
- The Civil Service (most jobs are advertised as being open to part time/flexible working)
- The Return Hub – connects employers with financial services professionals who have been on a career break (not all of the roles are flexible but many are)
- Trapeze HR – specialises in HR roles. Ask to speak to Jane Middleton or Harriet Lavender to discuss flexible roles.
- Worldwide101 – recruiting candidates from the US and Europe in the fields of marketing, project management, executive assistance and bookkeeping
- Flexible Working for People Like Me – this group is absolutely fantastic and is run by Katy Fridman. It’s a supportive community for anyone looking for a flexible role. Flexible jobs are often shared in the group and Katy has a regular email newsletter containing all her vacancies. You can sign up to receive it when you join the group.
- Share my telly job – this is a great resource for finding job share roles in the TV industry
The LinkedIn Post
If you are a Recruiter or represent a job board that you would like included in this list, please just let me know by commenting on my original LinkedIn post below, or sending me an email.
Fay Wallis is a Career Coach with a background in HR and Recruitment. She is the founder of Bright Sky Career Coaching, where she helps people in their 30s, 40s and 50s overcome their career challenges with confidence. Fay creates free resources via blogs, videos and templates to help tackle many of the career issues her clients come up against. To have her latest resources sent to you as soon as they are created just sign up here.